Thursday, February 19, 2009

Day 4 with Ben...




We are almost home!!! Tomorrow we go to the US Embassy and recieve Ben's passport with his US Visa inside, that means we can take him from Russia and they will accept him in the US!!! woohoo!! I am so ready to go home, life in a hotel is not fun, and when there is a toddler involved that is experiencing EVERYTHING for the first time it makes it so much harder! We are surviving though, however today we went to the zoo, and it was a gorgeous day!! Ben has officially decided that he HATES the stroller!!! YIKES I am in so much trouble, I am hoping Kelly will be able to work on that one for me since she loves to push the stroller!! We will just add that to her big sister duties haha!! When Ben decides that he does not like something, he isn't quiet about it in the least, he lets EVERYONE know, and when we kept him in the stroller because I thought, my gosh I can't carry him everywhere, and his little legs, when he walks it takes him FOREVER!! so everyone in the zoo knew that he did not like his stroller, then we decided to leave as he was more miserable then anything else, tired and what not, (but he did love the monkeys!!) and started screaming, and when I say screaming you would think that I had physically hurt this child!!! He screamed so much that all of the Babushka's (grandmother's) in the street were looking at me and giving me the dirtiest look, so I picked him up and walked the rest of the way back to the hotel. My gosh, this child has a set of lungs on him. :)

After his nap, we got up with our friends, and went to the Red Square, and it was such a gorgeous day for pictures, but it started getting really cold again. We went to the GUM department store and had dinner, then headed back to the hotel.

We are almost done, just can't wait to get him into our home so we can settle in with him there. It is going to be like starting all over again I believe!! I hope he goes to the girls right away, I think it would kill Holly and Kelly if he didn't. I honestly don't think that there will be much of a problem, but then again I thought he would be fine with Curtis.

He is still unsure about Curtis, he is letting Curtis feed him, and will actually take a toy and play with it after Curtis gives it to him, before he would either NOT take the toy or take it and throw it down. He will even let Curtis kiss him, so we are getting somewhere!! :) Keep praying, your prayers are working!! Well I better get off here and get some sleep. Hugs to all and we can't wait to see you all again.

Love,
Amy

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Praying you guys have a safe trip home and i can't wait to see those photos of you all as a family!! Tell Curtis to hang in there because before long little man is going to be his second shadow!! HUGS!